Saturday, April 14, 2007

Playground and Backyard Fun

While I was out walking earlier today; I could not help but to rush back home into my house to share this article with you. It comes from me observing my surroundings watching and listening to little boys and girls play outdoors. After circling around the sidewalk and hearing and watching their method of fun it's "heart-breaking" to see them unattended and not looked upon at all. I spent thirty minutes outdoors and not one time did I see or hear any adult or someone responsible for the kids' well-being.

I know it's sometimes necessary to find a time to relax and take off the hat of parenting; but also we still have to be aware of what our children are doing when they go outside and play. You want to make sure your children are having fun, but at the same time you want them to be in an environment that's safe and beneficial for their well-being. You want to make sure you are in eye distance being able to see where your children are at all- times, this is good parenting. I'm all for children having fun and playing; but by the same token I also believe there should also be a certain amount of restrictions and rules that will be beneficial for your child.

You may even want to set a certain time period for your child to check in from time to time so you will know their whereabouts. Any good parent knows where their child is at, at all times. If your child decided to go over to your next door neighbor you as a parent should know this. We hear far too many abductions, kidnappings, and children being taken away mysteriously and I do not want that to happen to any parent, but unfortunately it does happen across the land. This is all the more reason why we as parents should be aware of our children's surroundings.

It's our responsibility as parents to set the ground rules while children are out playing. Most kid's think everything is fun; and don't really pay attention to what they are doing outside from time to time. As parents we should have dos and don'ts to prevent unexpected expenses that could come from not being aware of what our child or children are doing. To help keep your children safe you should make sure they do not play around dumpsters, thoroughfare traffic, or anything else that could be detrimental to their welfare.

While your child or children are outside having fun whether they're using the trampoline, swimming, etc make sure you have adequate supervision or make sure you check on them regularly. I'm all for being away from my child occasionally when I'm not in her presence, but if she's in walking distance or eye distance then I'm keeping watch over her making sure she's well mannered and safe at all cost.

Your child or children are an asset to you and not a liability. Look, Children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of your womb is a reward. Psalm 127:3. If you are struggling with your parental rights and responsibilities sign-up to receive tips on life in general and I can help you with your parenting concerns.
Copyright © 2007 Clark A. Thomas

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?